Forum Discussion

frnmj
Qrew Member
2 years ago
Solved

How to properly set up email reminder

Good day! Is there a way to automatically send emails to all records that are 21 days past the [File Date] field? As far as I know, emails only get sent out when a record is modified or added. If it's not yet possible, I will highly appreciate any similar workarounds. Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
frnmj
  • Oh, in that case you will need to make formula checkboxes to check if today()>[File Date] + Days(21).

Then setup a pipeline to search every night for anything where that is checked, and then modify a field on that record (maybe just put the current date in a text field).

Use that field modification to trigger a notification, and set the notification to open. You are basically tricking the system and using a notification as a reminder.

Mike Tamoush

6 Replies

• You can use a reminder for this (versus a notification). This will send out a report to whatever users you choose, with records that are so many days past a certain date.

Mike Tamoush
      frnmj
      Qrew Member
      I tried that but it only works on Quickbase registered users. The email reminder I'm working with will be sent to clients and their corresponding email addresses.

frnmj
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        Oh, in that case you will need to make formula checkboxes to check if today()>[File Date] + Days(21).

Then setup a pipeline to search every night for anything where that is checked, and then modify a field on that record (maybe just put the current date in a text field).

Use that field modification to trigger a notification, and set the notification to open. You are basically tricking the system and using a notification as a reminder.

Mike Tamoush