Forum Discussion

DanielJohnson2
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Embed Unrelated Report

Hi All,

I've got a table that's used as a scheduler so I know who is available and when. The assignments table is related to that table, but the parent table is the schedule table because one person's schedule could have multiple assignments in one day. However, I was hoping to cut down on having to have that report open when assigning work, so I was wondering if there is a way to display the schedule report on the assignments form to have it show everyone's schedule for today. In other words, I want to open the assignment form and see every possible person and their schedule, regardless of whether it's related to that record or not. I guess this would be like a hybrid of a dashboard/homepage and a form. Is this possible? In that same vein, I'd also like to see the current queue of assignments for everyone so I can gauge when someone will be ready for their next assignment.

Thanks,

------------------------------
Daniel Johnson

10 Replies

• no problem.
    New developers often think that you need to have a relationship to have a report link field because one gets created when you build the relationship. But just like you can Order fries at McDonalds without ordering the full meal combo, you can just make you own Report Link field to embed a report for any other table.

So just make a report link field called Report Link of all Assignments for today.

Configure the left field to be the [date] field.  For the right field select the app (watch out for that popup blocker) and then locate in a very long list of fields the date field in the assignments table.

Then put the report link field on the form and set up an unfiltered report for the form to use.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanielJohnson2
      Qrew Trainee
      Hey Mark,

Sorry, I don't follow. I'm looking to put the schedule report on the assignments table, so for the report link field wouldn't the left field be the date of the assignment and the right field be the date of the schedule?

Although, that's how I have it now, with an unfiltered report, and it's blank.

Daniel Johnson
        DanielJohnson2
        Qrew Trainee
        For some added context, I have a button on a report that when clicked changes the date of the assignment to today and then opens the record in edit mode. Still no values in the embedded report, even after refreshing the page because I thought maybe doing it with the API_EditRecord right before opening the report was why I wasn't seeing anything.

Daniel Johnson