Forum Discussion

RhondaJones
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Employee Schedule

I know I am overthinking this but I can't get it right. I am just trying to create a weekly schedule for employees. The week would start on Monday and end on Sunday. I'd like a devoted app I could go in each week and create a new schedule and then print. I'd do it in excel but I want the report functions in QuickBase. I want to easily be able to find out how many Sundays a particular employee has been off for example.

Can someone point me to a good example app (I couldn't find one) or tell me the easiest way to do this?

This stuff use to be easy for me but a stroke has slowed me down and I am a very small operation. Your assistance is so appreciated.

------------------------------
Rhonda Jones

2 Replies

• Have you tried using the calendar report? Perhaps that would give you a nice visual appearance for who is working when?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RhondaJones
      Qrew Cadet
      I am having trouble visualizing how to set up the information to begin with. I understand once I have it, I can run a report and view it in calendar but how to set it up to input the data is my issue. 

I originally planned on doing a drop-down menu for the employee and then formula date fields. The first one would start on Monday and then each date would generate the next day. And then have a time field where I the scheduled work time each day. But then I got in my head and started thinking about it and when I print the report, I don't want it to generate the day of the week for each employee. I want it to generate like it would in Excel table. With the employees on the left the days at the top and the times filled in appropriately. 

I really feel like at this point I'm making it so much harder than it needs to be.

Thank you,

Rhonda Jones
      Expert Claim Management