Forum Discussion

GeorgeBramhall2
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Error with Pipeline that is trying to insert a text field into a text multiple choice field

I am getting an Error with my Pipeline that is trying to insert a text field in to a text multiple choice field of the same record.

Error reads: "Remote service reported an error: 2 : Invalid input : You must provide a valid choice for the field named "Water" with field id 59."

My source fields must be text fields. The receiving field must be multichoice as the user may change the field after the pipeline runs.
Any ideas how to work around this?

------------------------------
George Bramhall

3 Replies

• What are the valid choices for the multiple choice fields and what value are you trying to put into that field?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      GeorgeBramhall2
      Qrew Cadet
      I am inserting a valid choice (text) into the multiple choice text field.

Update...that was exactly the problem. The choice didn't exist in the multiple choice.

Thanks.

George Bramhall
      JASONVOSS
      Qrew Member
      I believe we are currently having the same issue, though we have made sure both fields match. We have a theory that the "&" in the choice list is what might be throwing off the pipeline. the error reads: "Remote service reported an error: 2 : Invalid input : You must provide a valid choice for the field named "Requesting Business Unit" with field id 7.". The response that often creates the error is "Mass Markets & Distribution - Wireless".

Is that a possibility or could it be something else? Thanks!

JASON VOSS