Forum Discussion

RishabRishab
Qrew Member
10 years ago

Filter Embedded report

Hi Team,

I have two tables Project and Attachments.

Relationship: Project<Attachments

Attachments has following fields:

Upload,description, document type

Now I want to show the related attachment in project using report link.But it has to show only that attachments which has document type Input and Final .

I don't want to show that attachments which has document type Production.

But when I try to make filter in embedded report then it is showing all the attachments in

project which are related or not related to project.

20 Replies

• No problem
    Create a report of attachments called "Just Final Attachments" ( for all projects).

Then go to your form on the Project record and edit the form properties for the report link field to use that new report
  • Thanx for reply, but if I implement the above solution then it will show the all attachments but I want to show related attachment to that project, how can I show only related attachmets to particular project ?
    please suggest  me the solution .
  • The report link field which is sitting on the left side of your relationship between projects and attachments will only show records for the project you're viewing. That is the whole point of a report link field. The extra filter you're putting on for final attachments is in addition to the filter for only  attachments related to that project.

I suggest you give it a try!
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain

For example 

One Product Line has Many SKUs.

But you only want to show SKUs marked as "Active" on the main Product Line form.

So just make a new report with your columns and sort and filter just for "Active" is checked.  No other filters.  Save the report but make it visible to non one (so no one messes with it).

Then set the form property for the embedded report to use that report instead of the default record picker.
        Wallace__DHS_Ye
        Qrew Trainee
        I have created an embedded report that is a parent t​o a child table. The child table already has an existing default form with specific values for certain users to enter.

I created a new form for a new group of users using some of the fields from the existing form. This new user group can only access the new form I have created. Once users enter values in the fields on the form, the data is not being captured in the embedded report. Does anyone have an idea as to why that is?

------------------------------
        Wallace (DHS) Yeboah
        ------------------------------
      EOMDevelepors
      Qrew Captain
      That is if its always the same filter. I want the user to be able to filter based on his requirements which can vary._
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      The low tech solution is to teach the users to click the Full Report link at the top of the embedded report and then ensure that you offer them useful Dynamic filters.

Alternatively, it is possible to make a URL formula button to run the report in a new tab.