Forum Discussion

AidonOlligschla
Qrew Cadet
7 months ago

Following Links into the Mobile App

Good Afternoon QB Community,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with following hyperlinks into QB?  Currently, I have several apps/tables that send out copies of records to personnel with an attached link.  Many of these are Custom Messages and not just copies of forms.  I know in the past I haven't had issues with the links redirecting to the QB Mobile App, but recently I'm experiencing it redirecting to my Google Chrome browser (default) on my iPhone.  This is less than ideal when personnel have individual logins to access through the application.

Any insight or tips/tricks I can use to guarantee links to redirect to the mobile app instead of the default browser?

------------------------------
Aidon Olligschlager |
Flight Operations Technical Support
Pentastar Aviation
Waterford MI
aolligschlager@pentastaraviation.com | 248-202-9587

4 Replies

• Do all of these users have Quickbase installed as an app on their phone? Its possible that these users have set a default on their phone to open in a browser instead of the mobile app, in googling that solution I also found that in some cases removing https:// from the url can potentially impact the navigation of a link that might be worth trying 

Chayce Duncan
      AidonOlligschla
      Qrew Cadet

Hi Chayce,

Yes, they all have the mobile app downloaded.  I'm going to have them delete and re-download to try and reset it.  I did click on the link to the record myself (through Microsoft Outlook) and it kept redirecting me to the browser rather than the app as well.  In the past, it's always defaulted to the app as far as I remember.

I've been using the "%recLink%" action in my custom notifications to link specific records to specific notifications.  Is there another way to attach the record specific link without including https:/?

Aidon Olligschlager |
      Flight Operations Technical Support
      Pentastar Aviation
      Waterford MI
      aolligschlager@pentastaraviation.com | 248-202-9587
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

You can just hardcode it to see if it has any effect or makes a difference as a test by doing: 

yourealm.quickbase.com/db/%dbid%?a=dr&rid=[Record ID#]

Chayce Duncan