Forum Discussion

12 Replies

DougHenning1
    Community Manager

If the field includes the date and time, the field type is 'timestamp', otherwise it's 'date'.

So you could add:

{% elif field['type'] == 'timestamp' -%}
    <td>{{ record[field['id'] | string]['value'] | date_mdy }}</td>
      MarkCorcoran
      Qrew Cadet

Doug, thanks for your reply.

I've been trying a bunch of different ways to format the timestamp data to a simple date, with no luck yet.  

I get a validation error after inserting the code you suggested, so I'm still in search of a means of formatting the timestamp.

Mark Corcoran

DougHenning1
        Community Manager

Ahh, it's missing the conversion from string to date/time and the field type was incorrect. Try this:

{% elif field['type'] == 'date time' -%}
           <td>{{ time.parse(record[field['id'] | string]['value']) | date_mdy }}</td>
  • If you want a low tech low solution, just make a table with a record in it and include an embedded report of your report.

Then have a Pipeline update the record on a schedule to trigger an email notification.

But I think this will only work if the users have access to the app because if there are a lot of records on the report it will get truncated in the email if the report is too long.  

MarkCorcoran
      Qrew Cadet

This was my first thought, but unfortunately there is no way to filter a report before embedding it.  In my case, the table I'm working from is qualified commissions for our sales staff.  When they get paid, the pipeline would email the sales rep a report of all the commissions included in their payment.  Having an individual filtered report made for each sales rep is not feasible.

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Well assuming that you have a parent child relationship, just have a Pipeline tickle the Sales Rep record to trigger an email.  Make a specific form to be used in the email notification, which just identifies the sales rep and have the correct embedded report of qualified commissions for the Sales Rep.  If that is your use case I'm sure we can solve this with no code native tools.

• I just thought of another route that my work for my needs.  If I create a date formula field to format the timestamp data to a simple date, then use the formula field with to export into my email report.  Instead of trying to format the data from inside the pipeline (outlook channel). - just may work!