Forum Discussion

JenniferJuhasz
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Form building : Conditional form that repeats a form?

Hmmm.  I'm not sure that's quite where I'm trying to go with the form; 

Our staff needs to answer two questions for communities that they work within in a particular day.  So, some days, they may have 10 communities (or 5 or 30, depends on the day) and 23 people they spoke with; Our leadership team has to report total #'s of connections for each community​.  I'm trying to find a way to make this process as simple as possible.

The first thought was, through conditional formatting, to have them say # of communities they were reporting on, and have the 'form' sort of automatically repeat below the 'header' section of the form that specified # of times.

However, the other thought I had was to just create a 'Save and submit another community' button; and somehow code that button to load a fresh version of the form but with the 'header' section already populated with the previous record's information so they don't have to re-enter it.

​I'm thinking this second option with the button formula might work the best...

something like:
var text ButtonWords = "Save and Enter Another Community";
var text URLONE = "https://familysmart.quickbase.com/db/bssv5j5n2?a=GenNewRecord&ifv=1&dfid=10";
// Begin button style
var text bgcolor = "#854b70";
var text txtcolor = "white";
var text style = "style=\"text-decoration: none; width: 310px; text-align: center; background:" & $bgcolor & "; border-radius: 5px; padding: 8px 10px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: \"Arial, Times, Sans-serif\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; font-size: 32px";
// End button style
"<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating'" & $style & " href=" & $URLONE & ">" & $ButtonWords & "</a>"​

but then adding in an 'if FID = blank, then previous record content' - which is totally not a helpful bit of formula, I'm trying to puzzle through how to write this considering the button formula is using HTML to complete its save and navigate function.
Jen
​​​

------------------------------
Jennifer Juhasz
FamilySmart
BC, Canada
------------------------------
** crud, I have no idea how to delete my accidental creation of a new thread on here
No RepliesBe the first to reply