Forum Discussion

MikeKlausing
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

Form Text Size

How can I increase the text size for an entire form. 

We have a form that we are going to use to electronically quote from. This needs printed off and presented to the customer but as of now its printing off at maybe 8 pt font? This wont work and we need a way to make the entire forms font to increase. Not just using rich text fields to increase the field title and not changing it to "relaxed". 

15 Replies

MikeKlausing
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I appreciate the quick reply. I have already made this change and it worsens things for me which is why I said that it wouldnt work in my original post. 
    Relaxed makes my form go from 1 page in length to 2 pages with little to no text increase, rather more of a bigger spacing,  and also it goes off the edge of the page to the right as well now. QB forms don't know how to fit to page when printing nor give an option to fix this. Im looking for a code of some sort to put at the top of the form that adjusts the text size for the entirety of the form. 
      KingslySamuel
      Qrew Cadet
      I saw the notification on my email (just the first line of your comment came in) and responded impromptu . Read your full post later and removed my comment :)
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    You can play with the Image On Load technique and other variations to do this automatically in certain places. Play with this next thing too because it needs it, I had to adjust the sheet index(window.document.styleSheets[3]) to insert it into an empty sheet(I tried on stack overflow first) because you cannot insert CSS into a stylesheet that is called from an outside URL like they had. The way I did that was to just type "window.document.styleSheets" and see which sheets were returned and pick one that was "local" rather than from a cdn. This command will make everything in the body larger but you can adjust that to change whatever you want.

var sheet = window.document.styleSheets[3];
    sheet.insertRule('body { font-size: 3em; }', sheet.cssRules.length);

There might be other ways and I'm not going to guarantee this will even work for your use case, but it is worth a shot.
      AustinK
      Qrew Commander
      It won't let me edit but I did not insert it into an empty CSS, just one that was not from a CDN. The CDN ones gave me an error.
  • The other option is to use Exact Forms Plus from Juiced and then you have perfect control over the PDF or Word document which is created when a button is pushed.  Eventually 100% of my clients use EF+ when the need a customer facing beautiful document.

Are you familiar with that add on?

This page has feature and a demo

https://www.juicedtech.com/exact-forms-plus  

MikeKlausing
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Mark, 

Juicedtech said to reach out on the community- as a custom interface wouldn't be worth it. I'm going in circles to fix what seems to be an easy issue for QB to solve.
      LauraThacker
      Qrew Captain
      Mike, I think there's a big difference between using ExactForms Plus! to generate a Word or PDF formatted output suitable for customers; versus a "custom interface" which is a lot of custom programming, for limited use.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      :) a circle and here we are again.

Does the same problem occur on all three (or 4 including Safari)  Browsers?  Maybe its better in some Browsers and you can have a note to say "for best printing results use xxxxxx browser.
    MikeKlausing
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I have started using Exact Forms- included with QB and not the add on EF+. Exact Forms seems to be doing the trick pretty well without paying additional for EF+ for right now. 

One thing im still figuring out how to do is use conditional logic in Exact Forms. Its possible based on the article QB posted online, but havent figured out how to do If statements yet