Forum Discussion

SamanthaSand
Qrew Member
5 months ago

Forms Builder - add parent from child in POPUP and return to child

Using legacy forms, when a user needs to add a new Make (parent) to a Model record (child) - they click "Create make" at the bottom of the picklist and it opens a pop-up window where they can create and save the new Make and then it automatically returns to the child record so they can continue. This is the behavior I want.

But if I use the forms builder - when the user clicks "Create make" at the bottom of the picklist it opens the parent in a new window altogether, and it doesn't return them to the child Model record they were trying to create in the first place.

I looked for a setting to control the target behavior but cannot find. Any ideas..?

------------------------------
Samantha Sand

5 Replies

• Is there anything unique about how you have the Make table setup? I looked at a handful or different forms with the new setup, but 1) I don't see anyway to control this and 2) I don't get the behavior as you've described it. When I click Create in the dropdown it opens the popup and on save populates the field with the new value similar to the behavior of the old forms. 

Chayce Duncan
      SamanthaSand
      Qrew Member

I started with a template from the QB library so it's possible there is something unique that is buried somewhere. Interesting that you don't get the same behavior; I'll start with a blank slate and run a test to see if the behavior changes.

Samantha Sand
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Odd. I would suggest just making a new form then as you've suggested and try just putting that field on there alone and seeing what the behavior might be. 

Chayce Duncan