Forum Discussion

SaviNewman1
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Formula? But from excel? SOS!

Good morning,
I feel like I always have an impossible task. Right now, we're using an excel spreadsheet, but would much rather utilize QuickBase.
I have 2 tables created (tasks) and (meter reads). I need the following formulas that communicate with each task date, and source information. I have made a relationship between tasks and meter reads as well, but am struggling to figure out the formula to insert. There is 3 different formulas I need per meter reading that automatically calculates in it's own field.

------------------------------
Newman, Savi

3 Replies

• This is is complicated as you need to refer to previous records to get the previous meter reading.  It may be able to be done with Formula Queries.  The feasibility of this may also depend on the size of your dataset.

Another though is to make a relationship of the meter readings table to itself.  Then use a Pipeline to populate the related previous reading.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SaviNewman1
      Qrew Trainee
      It's insanely complicated, and I am so new to QuickBase I don't even know where to start.

Ugh!

What is  formula queries?
      What relationship would I be making? Like how would I put it together?
      Would a quickbase expert be able to set this up for me by remoting in?

Newman, Savi
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Savi, 
        Please contact me directly by email using the email in my signature line.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com