Forum Discussion

CherylHuie
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Formula help - Save and Redirect but with "If Statement"

I am trying to direct the user to different pages depending on if they know a password. I have the below formula and the redirect works if I save the record first (and the password is saved) but if a user enters the password and then presses the URL formula button below, the formula isn't saving the password field before applying the redirect formula below. Is there a way for one button to save the record first and THEN apply the redirect below?

If([Password:]="password",URLRoot()&"db/"&AppID()&"?a=showpage&pageID=101",URLRoot()&"db/"&AppID()&"?a=showpage&pageID=4")

------------------------------
Cheryl Huie

2 Replies

• You will notice an Excel that if you type a number into a cell that number is not recognized in formulas in other cells until you tab out of the cell.

It is the same with QuickBase. The system does not see your entry until your cursor leaves that Cell.  So I suggest that you contrive your form so that the user needs to check a checkbox or do something in order to expose the URL button with a form rule.    What I did for one client was to make a checkbox that says

"I am not a robot"

This was for an EOTI app and I was trying to mimic the familiar Captcha behaviour to give these untrained external users a reason to check a checkbox. But in my case it was the same as yours. I was just trying to get the user to tab out of the field after entering a password so that my URL button formula would see their entry correctly.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CherylHuie
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for the idea, that definitely solves the issue.

Cheryl Huie