Forum Discussion

TonySugent
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Formula help

I just joined this company that uses QuickBase as their main ticketing program so I'm still a little new to this. I'm currently tasked with creating a automation for the Onboarding and offboarding process. Currently, I have an automation set up that opens numerous task tickets that get assigned to various people and then inserts all of them into one "Onboarding" ticket. I currently have a small summary of the tasks in the Onboarding ticket but I want to have the "% Complete" field from the task displayed on the Onboarding ticket. I'm currently attempting to use a formula to do an API call to grab that number. It doesn't seem like that is the solution I am looking for though.

If anyone has any input that could point me in the right direction that would be great!

------------------------------
Tony Sugent

6 Replies

• If you are trying  an API you must have a programming background.   :)

Can you clarify with an example what you are trying to do? Is it a situation where one on boarding ticket has 10 tasks, and if 3 of them are completed you want to show 30% completed on the main parent on boarding ticket?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TonySugent
      Qrew Member
      Yep! I'm the DevOps Engineer here. The API call just shows as a URL though haha. 

Nope, it would be a 1 to 1. Although that is a good idea to have an overarching percentage as well.

Basically the Onboarding ticket is just a list of open task tickets related to that specific employee and I would like to just have the Complete % (a field that is manually filled in in the task ticket) displayed next to the tasks entry in the Onboarding ticket. I can post some screenshots here shortly if that was a poor explanation.

Tony Sugent
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        yes, in this case a screen shot would help and also I'm confused if there is a Quick Base relationship between the Onboarding tickets table and the tasks table.  From you question it sounds like the relationship is that One Onboarding Ticket has many Tasks.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com