Forum Discussion

DanielJohnson2
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Formula Multi-Select Text

Hey All,

I'm trying to make a field that says if a summary combined text field [All Deliverables] is blank, then display "N/A", otherwise show the [All Deliverables] field. Is that possible? I've tried:

If(ToText([All Deliverables]) = "" , "N/A", ToText([All Deliverables]))

but I'm getting an error around "N/A" that says "Expecting textlist but found text." I'm also unclear why I have to wrap the final [All Deliverables] in a ToText function, but if I don't I get the error "Expecting text but found textlist."

Thoughts?

------------------------------
Daniel Johnson

6 Replies

• You might try making a text formula field like [All Deliverables Mirror] where the formula is just [All Deliverables] and try using that in this formula instead.

Jeff Peterson
      DanielJohnson2
      Qrew Trainee
      The formula field is a Formula - Multi-select Text field. [All Deliverables] is a Multi-select Text field.

Daniel Johnson
      DanielJohnson2
      Qrew Trainee
      The mirror solution didn't stop an error somewhere in the formula. To save the text field I still have to use to ToText function on the summary combined text field. Doing that and then using it in the original formula still shows the same error around "N/A"

Daniel Johnson
        JeffPeterson1
        Qrew Captain
        Is there a reason to do this in a formula multi-select field instead of formula text?

Jeff Peterson