Forum Discussion

JovanVucovich
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Formula Query to search for matching records with the exception of a specific field not matching

I currently am using a Formula Query to identify when specific fields match it returns the Record ID# that has the matching data. This is to help identify duplicate record entries for things that can not be unique fields.

It works just fine.

I am now trying to figure out a Formula Query to look for records that should share the same data in 3 specific fields but doesn't.
The logic would be When [Field 5] equals [Field 6] but not equal to [Field 7] return [Record ID#]

What needs to go in the butnot location for my logic to work for this Formula Query?
GetFieldValues(GetRecords("{5.EX. ' "&[Field 5] &" '} AND {6.EX. ' "&[Field 6] &" '} butnot {7.EX. ' "&[Field 7] &" '} AND {3.EXE. ' "&[Record ID#] &" '}" ),3)

------------------------------
Jovan Vucovich

2 Replies

• The operator for Not Equals is XEX.  sort of the opposite of EX.

So try this

GetFieldValues(GetRecords("{5.EX. ' "&[Field 5] &" '} AND {6.EX. ' "&[Field 6] &" '} AND {7.XEX. ' "&[Field 7] &" '} AND {3.XEX. ' "&[Record ID#] &" '}" ),3)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JovanVucovich
      Qrew Member
      Thank you,
      I had mis-type in my example, it was supposed to be XEX.

It worked to that [field 7] not matching when the rest do match.

I was thinking the XEX was an exclusion operation to exclude the display of that field for the listed matching fields, which why I needed it for the [Record ID#].  But thinking about it, that is what the 3 at the end of the formula is for to display that data in Field ID 3.

Jovan Vucovich