Forum Discussion

RichardCapone
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Formula URL field not appearing in an email notification trigged by grid edit

I have a formula URL field that I want to embed into a notification so customers can update a specific record when we trigger it to be sent.

Here is the formula:

URLRoot() & "db/bnjgced5b/?a=er&rid="&[Record ID#]&"&rl=utd"

This URL ends up working fine if someone individually edits one record and causes the notification to be triggered.  But when I edit multiple records in a grid edit, the URL initially only shows up as the field id.  So instead of a url a number shows up.  I ended up changing the notification email to be html and then put the field into an <a href> tag and that worked better. But this is the url I get now is below...

https://letsgolearn.quickbase.com/db/%5B60%5D

So I tried using URLencode() but it doesn't seem to work.  In particular I can't URLencode the question mark.  I get a syntax error.

5 Replies

• When you build an email Notification there is an option to separately configure a single record Notification as well as a multi record Notification.

The latter will just be a link to all the changed records and link to the default report.

Did you configure a multi record Notification?
  • Try going into the event settings for the notification and set the single record notification text to be used only for single record notifications. That is set under advanced settings at the bottom of the notification.

Then go into the tab for multi record notifications and Seth that one only to be used for multiple record changes.

I believe that when the link is delivered on a multi change notification the link will take the user to the default report for those records that were changed.
  • The advanced options are not parameterized for each single or multiple option.  It is one setting for both.  So that doesn't fix it. Thanks for the idea though.