Forum Discussion

MarkComish
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

Formula

I am looking for a formula to count the number of times a specific [Owner] (user field) "John Doe" is assigned to [Opportunities] with a [Status] of active.

------------------------------
Mark Comish

5 Replies

• If you are looking for the information on a report, I suggest just making a report.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkComish
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I am ultimately after having the ability to take an employees monthly salary and dividing it by the number of [Opportunities] they are set as the [Owner] so I can create an automation to add that amount as a monthly Expense against each of those [Opportunities] so I can calculate profits more clearly.  So I figured the first step was to create a field that counted each [Owner] user field where they were the owner on an active [Status] on an [Opportunity].  Maybe I am thinking about it wrong.

Maybe I create an automation once per month to add the monthly [Owner] expense to all [Opportunities] in which the [Status] is active and the [Owner] is them.

Mark Comish
        MarkComish
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        Sorry that is wrong too as I would still not know how to divide the share of the monthly [Owner] as I would not have a count of how many [Opportunities] they are owner on.

Mark Comish