Forum Discussion

EfrenTorres
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Formulas Help

Hello, I am trying to get a checkbox to indicate if a vendor is open or closed. I have imputed the vendor times so my variables are like Monday start time, Monday end time ect. The only thing I have figured out is how to get duration. Any help would be great. Thank you

------------------------------
Efren Torres

7 Replies

• Can you elaborate? Your question refers to a checkbox and then at the end a duration.  Perhaps an example would help.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      EfrenTorres
      Qrew Member
      Yes I am making the mistake of trying to do like [Monday start time} - [Monday end time]. This gives me a duration. Thats not what I need at all so Im lost. I need the checkbox to change based on weather the current time is between the start and closed time and also be able to change day to day

Efren Torres
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        So to be clear, do you want to check if the current time is between those start and end times, or if the time in a field or perhaps the date time that the record was created was during the open times?  I have given a formula below to give you what you asked for, but it may not be what you need. :)

Also, I am not sure what you want to do on weekends? Are you also open on Saturday and Sunday?

var timeofday Time  = ToTimeOfDay(Now());
        var number DayNumber = DayOfWeek(Today());

$DayNumber = 1 and $Time >= [Monday start time] and and $Time <= [Monday end time]
        or
        $DayNumber = 2 and $Time >= [Tuesday start time] and and $Time <= [Tuesday end time]
        or
        $DayNumber = 3 and $Time >= [Wednesday start time] and and $Time <= [Wednesday end time]
        or
        $DayNumber = 4 and $Time >= [Thursday start time] and and $Time <= [Thursday end time]
        or
        $DayNumber = 5 and $Time >= [Friday start time] and and $Time <= [Friday end time]
        or
        $DayNumber = 6 and $Time >= [Saturday start time] and and $Time <= [Saturday end time]
        or
        $DayNumber = 0 and $Time >= [Sunday start time] and and $Time <= [Sunday end time]

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com