Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

FY in numerical order on Chart and Dropdown lists

I have a general reference table for Fiscal Year.  (For consistency purposes.)  The problem is, the end result is twofold...

• On a drop down, the oldest years appear first, resulting in a required scroll down to get to the most current year (Would like to reverse this.  Newest and future years at the top of the drop down.)
  • In a chart, the chronological order ends up being "reversed".  I would like it go left to right, instead of right to left.  See attachment.

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

2 Replies

• It sounds like you're saying you have a standard table from which the fiscal year gets selected in the drop-down fields. You are fully in control of the sort of that drop-down field either by the default sort for the whole table which is set in Settings then reports and then at the top right under table report defaults, or else you can make a custom report where you control the sort and set the form to use that report for the drop-down list.

For charts, you should be able to control the sort on the X axis by using the sorting section of the chart settings.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks, Mark.  I thought I had actually tried this.  I must have been multi-tasking and forgot to complete what I wanted to try.  Your answer restarted my thought process here and it's "fixed" on both fronts.  Thanks.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels