Forum Discussion

AlexanderHo
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Gauge Report - Select Distinct

I like how the gauge reports look on the new dashboard. I have a list of retail locations using different POS systems. I would like to display the distinct number of POS systems that we have in our total footprint - as a single number. 

Is there an easy way to do this?

------------------------------
Alexander Ho

3 Replies

• Can you explain this?
    I would like to display the distinct number of POS systems that we have in our total footprint - as a single number. 

Do you just mean the total # of POS systems?  if so just make a gauge chart of the total number of systems and it will be one number.​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AlexanderHo
      Qrew Member
      Thanks for the response

Sample
      Location #    POS System
      345                 Oracle
      333​                 Oracle
      399                 Clover
      340                 Oracle
      876                 SquareUp

I'd like the Gauge report to give me a total # of distinct POS systems = 3 (Oracle, Clover, SquareUp)

I'm creating a dashboard to show how fragmented our IT environment is (= opportunity to simplify/standardize)

Alexander Ho
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Yes this can be easily done. But unless we use Formula Queries which are still in Beta we will need to have a helper table set up. This will be a table with one Record ID in it and of course it will be Record ID = 1. Make a relationship between the helper table and your detailed records of these POS systems. Obviously because the Record ID of the helper table is 1 the reference field will be a formula of 1.

Then make a summary field on that relationship and do a distinct count on the [POS System]. 

Then do a gauge chart on the helper table to summarize that value.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com