Forum Discussion

ChadBrandmire
Qrew Assistant Captain
6 years ago

Get a field value for html page?

I'm trying to set the value of an input on a popup html page onload using the value in a form field. But all i'm getting is this: "[object Object]"

code:

<script>
var timg = window.opener.$("#_fid_43");
 $("#imgurl").val(timg);
</script> 

I've tried a few different things, but end with that same result.
fid_43 is a Formula- Rich Text field that gives the image url for a record.

Any ideas how to get that URL into that input?

8 Replies

• Howdy Chad,

Is this [object Object] field only used on a single record?  Or does it need to be dynamic based on a specific record?

As of now, QB has no way of knowing what table or record it should look on for fid 43.  Permalinking is out of the question?
      ChadBrandmire
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      [object Object] is not a field it is the value I'm getting for the input (on error).

The script is running on the html page. 

Is what you're saying that I can't use jQuery to look at the window opener?
      ScottMarks
      Qrew Member
      Gotchya.  Take a look at my reply below-  I think it may help.  You can accomplish this with jQuery, but on a stand-alone code page, the jQuery will have no idea what #_fid_43 means, you have to provide it with an actual link, perhaps utilizing the API. 
      ChadBrandmire
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I've played around with a couple of api methods. My problem with the api is how does my html page get the rid for the query? 
  • Replying to myself here:

You can utilize API_GetRecordInfo for this, should you have all the prerequisites.. (RecordID & DBID)

https://<DOMAIN>.quickbase.com/db/<DBID>?a=API_GetRecordInfo&rid=<RID>&apptoken=<APPTOKEN>

You'll then have to parse out the response for the specific _fid_ you're looking for, and you can return those results.

Let me know if this helps at all.