Forum Discussion

AshleyAsante
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Getting Data from the Max ID Record in a Child Table

I'm working on a Parent table of Projections.
Each Record represents a month 1-12.
The fields in the record are Date, Warehouse Revenue, and Shipped Revenue.

When projections are changed throughout the month, a record is created in a Snapshot table, to see changes overtime. (Using Automations to Copy the Warehouse Revenue and Shipped Revenue.

I used summary fields and report links to show the First Reported Forecast (using a report link to the minimum record ID) and Latest Reported Forecast (using a report link to the maximum record ID) on the parent table, but is there a way to actually get the Warehouse Revenue and Shipped Revenue from the First Reported Forecast and the Latest Reported Forecast?

Using the report links on the table only show me the record IDs, and not the actual values.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

------------------------------
Ashley Asante

3 Replies

• Is this what you are wanting to accomplish? In the summary field options, you can change the dropdown "Choose a field from the "Projections" table" and select the Revenue field you want. You can make additional summary fields for minimum and maximum then change the dropdowns to the appropriate revenue. 

Everett Patterson
      AshleyAsante
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks for your help so far,

I got the first part of the solution.
      I created Min Rec ID and Max Rec ID summary fields.

But I'm not sure how you were able to then able to create (Min Rec ID Shipped Revenue, Max Rec ID Shipped Revenue, etc).

Could you send me a screenshot of the field properties for one of those?

Ashley Asante
        EverettPatterso
        Qrew Captain
        Just change the Field to summarize from Related Parent to Warehouse Revenue and leave the function on Minimum

Everett Patterson