Forum Discussion

MarshallAzar
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

"Grey Out" options based on 1st option chosen

Hello,

I'm designing a form where an account manager can request a discount for their client.  What I DON'T want is them to be able to select multiple discounts.  I have the fields and table set as follows:

Fields (Checkbox format)
30%
40%
50%
80%

I want the form to work that once they select a discount (any) it will grey out ALL the others and if they want to select a different one, they need to Un-check the one currently selected first.

I was trying to use dynamic rules and it seemed to work for the first entry but then I got a message saying 1 rule would overwrite another when I tried to add a 2nd rule.  The rule I set which threw the error was:

When 30% is checked, make 40%, 50%, and 80% read-only
(This one worked great)

I get the error when I try to add:
When 40% is checked, make 30%, 50%, and 80% read-only.

I hope I'm explaining correctly, I attached a screenshot for clarification.  Any help you can provide would be great.

------------------------------
Marshall Azar

4 Replies

• Why not KISS and just have a single drop down field to select a choice of a single discount off a regular multiple choice field.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarshallAzar
      Qrew Trainee
      I would LOVE to do that, but unfortunately there's ANOTHER issue that I can't figure out how to make it work with a drop down.

These account managers work with different clients.  Some clients don't qualify for ALL the discounts so I was able to make a rule where depending on WHICH client is selected, certain discounts become hidden and the account managers can only select discounts available to that client. But, I could only get it to work with a checkbox for the discounts.

If you know a way I can limit what options show in a drop-down based on the client selected, please tell me as that would solve this issue and give me a layout that's cleaner.  FYI. the client list is a separate drop-down field.

Marshall Azar
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        OK,

so back to your original question.

Try scrapping those Read Only rules and starting them over.

Make a Rule for only dealing with 30% being Read Only.

so the rule would be 

when any of the following
        40% is checked
        50% is checked
        80% is checked

make Read only  30%

Then duplicate that rule and edit to make a rule to deal only with the Read Only for 40%.

Then duplicate that rule and edit to make a rule to deal only with the Read Only for 50%

Then duplicate that rule and edit to make a rule to deal only with the Read Only for 80%
        make a rule that

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com