Forum Discussion

JeffreyPierce
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Grid Edit and API_ImportFromCsv too fast for Webhooks?

I am populating a table with API_ImportFromCsv (which is very fast), and I need to execute some complex table interactions on those records after they are entered.  It seems like Webhooks and Quick Base Actions will only act on the first row of the import and ignore the rest. I have also tested Grid Edit on this table -- causing a change to many records at once -- and again, Webhooks and Actions seem to only react to one row.  I know those (Webhooks/Actions) triggers can only fire up to 10 or 20 times per second. Am I right in thinking that a different technique will be needed, in order to execute logic on my very quickly created records?

------------------------------
Jeffrey Pierce

1 Reply

• Strangely, I have found that Automations Queue up very nicely.  I suggest that you mass trigger an Automation, and have the Automation trigger a checkbox or date time field and use THAT as the slow trigger for the complex actions and webhooks.

In my experience, the Automation will run at about the rate of 1 or 2 or 3 per second, which is plenty slow enough not to exceed the 10 or 20 per second limit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com