Forum Discussion

StephenStephen2
Qrew Member
9 years ago

Hello. I am looking to create a two-level summary report with sub-totals accumulated at the first level.

Please see the attached screen clip of my report.  I would like to add subtotals at the PTR Status level (separate column).  I have tried a number of ways but cannot get this to work.  THANK YOU in advance for any help  that you can provide.

6 Replies

• Hello Stephen,

The summary report unfortunately does not feature the ability to include a sub totals, or a 2 level report. You can only group additional fields or add cross tab columns, which will show the full total, but cannot show sub-totals.

This would be an enhancement request; which must go through User Voice.

User Voice is a new feature in QuickBase that allows users to submit their new feature requests, as well as vote on previously submitted ideas by other users.

You can access User Voice from your "My Apps" page, and then clicking the orange feedback button from the left hand side of the screen.  You can also access User Voice by clicking the following link:

http://quickbase.uservoice.com

Thanks!

QuickBase Customer Care
  • Using (1) JavaScript, the QuickBase HTTP API to gather and process the raw data along with (2) the {Underscore, Mustache, jQuery} libraries you easily create custom report including arbitrarily complex summary reports. Underscore allows you to GroupBy, CountBy, IndexBy and SortBy your data with ease ; Mustache performs the templating (merging your data into a generic template) and jQuery makes it simple to place the rendered template into QuickBase pages along with any other controls, behavior or features you desire.

If you want to pursue this approach post a spreadsheet or screenshot of exactly the format of summary report you need (irrespective of what native QuickBase can do). Label the rows and columns and indicate what type of summary you want, where subtotals are to be placed and any other grouping, counting or indexing you require.
      CarlosCarlos
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Dan, did you ever get around to doing an example of this?
  • Hi Dan,

I am trying to do the same thing and want to do sub-totals.
    Can you please help me?

Should i post this in a new question?

Regards,
    Gaurav