Forum Discussion

ShaniceCaesar
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Help! Embedded report as a lookup field

Hey hey,

I want my user to open up a new form and select a client from a drop-down menu. I then want client data to populate as lookup fields (I already have this set up), however, I also want an associated report about the client to populate as a lookup field when the user selects the clients.  I already have the report as a report link. As I have it, the user must save and refresh the page first before the embedded table show details about that client specifically. Either I need a save and refresh button I can add to the middle of my form or a way for my embedded report to act as a lookup field when a client is selected.

Thanks in advance!!

5 Replies

• No problem (I think)

On the form properties, there is a tab where you may enable the save and keep working form of the save button.  The save button has a "split" where the user may choose the type of save.  Enable that "save and keep working'  and you should be good as it should then refresh the report.

Let me know if that works as I did not test.
  • Wow, thank you so much for your speedy response!

The save and keep working button works.

Is there a way, however, to have a button exactly like this in the middle of my form for users to click right after they select a client? I am trying to make it as intuitive as possible without having to explain to my users that they need to hit the save and continue button in the top right corner to see more info populate before they complete the form.

Thanks!!
      ShaniceCaesar
      Qrew Trainee
      Also,

I found this formula

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() &  "?a=er&dfid=2&rid=" & ToText([Record ID#]) 
      & "&nexturl=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=er&dfid=2&rid=" & ToText([Record ID#]))

but it redirects me to a new blank edit form, not the one that I was working on
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      There is a way, but not with native Quick Base.  Dan Diebolt can set this up for you.  He will probably see this post and respond.
  • Check out this post.

https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/is-it-possible-to-create-a-save-and-keep-working-button-from-a-formula-url-field

I used the variable and rich text method posted by Alex Wilkinson. Works like a charm!

For our use case, we purchased a signature add-on and the signature can only be added when a record ID exists so rather than instructing everyone that they must save & keep working, we added a button named "Ready for sign off" towards the end of the form that performs save & keep working and once the record ID is no longer blank, the signature options are displayed on the form. This made the workflow intuitive for the users.