Forum Discussion

BrettBrett
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Hidden fields used in formulas that need to be visible

I'm currently using field level permissions on several of my fields to hide them from regular users in the app.  In addition to this, i have tables that are also hidden from these same users.

In order to calculate the values that I need the regular users to see, i need to reference fields that they don't have access to as well as some of these other table's fields (in the same app) to calculate the final value that they see. 

Unfortunately, no matter what I try, i can't seem to get it to work and the regular users only see blank or $0 values in the formula fields. 

I've tried setting "Override sub-field access" for all of the fields referenced but nothing seems to work.  Any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Brett Brett

1 Reply

• The override field level permissions only work if the source fields are in the same table. If the users do not have access to those fields in other tables, then you wont be able to use the Override permissions method.  You may need to open those fields with access and limit the access for those users to those fields in other ways like with form rules and hiding the tables. 

I don't really have a great suggestion but I don't know the specifics of your app and what wiggle room we have.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com