Forum Discussion

RhondaJones
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Highlight Record on Table when a new report is added

Hello,

I have tried every variation of this I can think of and can't get it to work. I have an app that is open to the public. When a record is added there, I have a report link field in my main application that displays the record that was added in the matching record. I would like the matching record in my main app to also highlight on the table tab so I can see that something was submitted without leaving my main app. My last attempt to do this was to turn on custom data rules and use this code  

If(Count([CRP]) > 0, "<span style='color:red'>" & [Bill of Lading Number] & "</span>", [Bill of Lading Number])

CRP is the name of the report link that displays in my main app showing me what was entered in my open app and the Bill of Lading Number is the field that links the submission from the open app to the corresponding record in my main app.

I may be way over complicating this. Any thoughts? Thank you so much in advance. 

------------------------------
Rhonda Jones

4 Replies

• I need a bit more information.  Are these Everyone On The Internet records (EOTI) being added as children to a Parent record and you want to highlight the Parent  Or are they just appearing as an embedded report on a record in your main app. If just on an embedded report, do you want them to highlight in color like for the day?

Either way we will be using "Row Colorization" on the embedded report, but I'm trying to understand the criteria to turn on the color. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

Assuming that you have a report specified on the firm to use as the embedded report, just find that report in you report list and make a row colonization formula. 

For example, IF(Status]="Open", "yellow")

mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Just to be clear, Row Colorization is a configuration on the table report setting.

mark.shnier@gmail.com