Forum Discussion

JeffPeterson1
Qrew Captain
2 years ago

Homepage Role Assignments broken?

At some point over the weekend something broke/changed in QB and suddenly all of the roles in our app that had different homepages set for each suddenly started instead taking the user to the app default homepage instead.   

Big problem when there is information on some pages not intended for all users. 

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to resolve?   

------------------------------
Jeff Peterson

7 Replies

DwightMunson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I experienced it too. It is a known issue with Quickbase that they are working on with the New Style Dashboards. If you have a new style dashboard set as the default dashboard it will mess you up. 
    Current solution for me, create a home page dashbard and set to the default in pages. Then all your roles will work again.

Dwight Munson
  • Are you able to test this and see the failure by viewing as a role, or is it only when the person is actually in that role? I tested mine and it looks OK, but did not actually ask anyone in the roles, I just did the test as user.

Mike Tamoush
      JeffPeterson1
      Qrew Captain

Oh yea,  it's 100% not working.  I have like 15 roles each with a different homepage, now, for ALL of them the home button just goes to the app default homepage instead of what is specified for each role.

If you test by ROLE it will take me to the correct page, but not when I test by user,  it will only go to the default page.

I opened a ticket with QB support at 10:30 PM PST Yesterday and so far have received no help.

Jeff Peterson
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        Interesting. I tested and seems to be good in my realm. Is it happening in all your apps? Report back if they discover the issue. I want to avoid this!

Mike Tamoush
  • We are not experiecing this problem. We have a test service account and VM PC. We can quickly RDP in and swap User Roles. Everything looks good here.

Jim Harrison
    transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
      JeffPeterson1
      Qrew Captain
      Confirmed,  this is resolved.  Thank you.

Jeff Peterson