Forum Discussion

PeterPeter
Qrew Member
8 years ago

How can I get a chart report to display on a triggered notification?

So I have a form on one table that is used only for reporting needs. It displays multiple report links from various tables within the application directly on the form. This allows me to trigger a report with various different reports based on a record change. My question is this.
How can I get a chart report to display on a triggered notification? On my form I can add a report link to the form, select a chart report and it will display when I hit preview but when the notification is triggered the chart reports that are supposed to display in the e-mail only state "Show details in a new tab".

2 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    From my experience and a little understanding of how the QuickBase reports work.  They are very data heavy.  And require an individual query to generate, separate from the general form data.

As such, this might be a little too much to be sent in an HTML enabled email.  They have the reports "Show details in a new tab". to help keep the message size down, and avoid email errors.

This would be a great enhancement in future releases of QuickBase.
  • I believe it is possible to embed a dynamic image in a notification based on a pic stored in a file attachment field on a record. We could potentially find a way (with some code) to create an image snapshot of the report and save it to a file attachment field which would drive the formula text field to display the image in the email. It's sort of convoluted but probably doable.