Forum Discussion

ElwynDow2
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

How can I place the results of a Report Link field into a Text Field?

I have a table of products.  Within the record is a 'Style' field.  Many products share a common 'style'.  

I also have a table called 'Flashcard' where the users select products that are being considered for marketing initiatives.  When they select a single product for inclusion on this table, they also want a list of all the products that have a shared 'style'.  The list is informational only.

I am taking many fields from the Flashcard record and composing them in a Rich Text Formula field that displays text and images - it is within this formula that I want to include the data from the Report Link.

While I can easily show the report link on the Form, I cannot show it on a report. 

Here is a pic of my form:

Here is a pic of my report:

The pic attached here shows the current excel doc layout I am trying to emulate.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

• I am sure this can be done with script but there is some confusion over which fields are in which table.

I assume you have a parent child relationship between Flahscards -< Products although you don;t explicitly state this. Please confirm or clarify.

Your report (the second image) suggests that there are seven sets of fields displayed in a compact "flashcard" format. This is the first of the seven such "flashcards" and like the other six displays at least five pieces of information::

So I would assume that you have at least 7 * 5 fields used in the Flashcard table.

What would help understand you questions is an explicit list of the fields in each table and how they map to your images.