Forum Discussion

UrsulaLl
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

How can I remove new Save & Close button on bottom of page

This month Quickbase came out with new functionality that includes adding a new section at the bottom of each form that displays the same Save/Cancel buttons that are displayed at the top of the page. This is completely unnecessary for our forms, and I would like it removed. As there is no Quickbase functionality that can easily remove this from the forms, I am thinking my only option is to create some js/css to hide it on every form. Please let me know if there is Quickbase functionality to remove this, or if there is another option I have not thought of. 

7 Replies

• If you go the JS route. The only code you'll need is this when displaying the edit view
    $("#formFooterButtonsContainer").hide()
    UrsulaLl
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    yep, that is what I was thinking! Super annoying, but at least it isnt a lot of code. 
    JiLin
    Qrew Trainee
    Annoying that they decided to add this feature without a (non-script) way to turn it off!
  • Why don't forms displayed adding "ifv=" not remove the bottom save button in the same way that it removes other QB information?
  • I think everyone should implement IOL that way you're never limited by native quickbase functions. It's much easier to figure out that code then trying to mess with the nasty syntax of entering code in formula text fields. It also gives you a lot more control over your pages/app.
      UrsulaLl
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Totally agree. Just frustrated over lack of communication by the company until after implementation, and lack of usability with this new button feature.