Forum Discussion

MikeMike2
Qrew Member
11 years ago

how do I add a save button to a form?

Looking to add a save button to a form, I am sending the user to a Survey and want to embed a Save button at the bottom of the form in case the existing save button in the top right is not obvious enough.

I am using this
<button id="btnFormSaveDone" class="Vibrant Success" onclick="OnClickSave(kFormAndDone)">Save</button>

And the result is
"The text to be displayed here contains an event handler. Event handers are not allowed.

20 Replies

• Figured it out final solution

var text URL = "javascript:void(DoSaveAdd())";var Text Image = "<a id='saveButton' class='Vibrant Success' onclick='DoSaveAdd()' href='#'>Submit</a>";"<b href =" & $URL &">" & $Image & "</b>
  • I keep getting the error "The text to be displayed here contains an event handler. Event handers are not allowed." Do you know how I could deal with that? Thanks for the help!
  • My form text field has "HTML (Limited)" checked and it only allows specific html tags. And I believe that is what is not letting me use variables and formulas. Anyway I can change that?
  • You need to make a Rich Text formula field, and not just a form element.  here is the code.  My previous post did did not show the code due to how this formum  operates. 

"<a id='saveButton' class='Vibrant Success' onclick='DoSave()' href='#'>WhatEverYouWantYourButtonToSay</a>"
      KhizarHussain
      Qrew Member
      My apologies but could you tell me how to create a RTF field?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      np, just go to Settings for the table
      Fields
      Create new field
      Type will be Formula Rich text. 
      KhizarHussain
      Qrew Member
      That is awesome! I was able to create that and I was testing it out but rather than saving the form it keeps saying the "Data for the field 'SaveButton' is too long". Do you know what I might be messing up?