Forum Discussion

AlexAlex
Qrew Member
9 years ago

how do I make a grid edit report become the default from the main report.

I know it has been asked but I'm not sure how to do so and couldnt find the correct answer.

The default table of my quickbase app has list all as the first and main table page. On that main table page there is the grid edit button and when I go into that, I would like to change some of the default columns so that they are able to edit information rather than attempting to edit formula fields that will always deny them. 

I have created a new report which is a grid edit style but I haven't been able to have this new grid edit report super seed the grid edit that comes from the list all generally. 

7 Replies

• You can make a Dashboard button which contains a URL.  So just run the report and then go into Grid Edit mode.  Then copy and paste that URL into a URL button element on the Dashboard.
  • No problem.

There is a non-obvious trick for this.

Make a new Form with just the Grid Edit report column fields you want in their proper sequence. I suggest naming the from "Grid Edit"

Then now that you have more than 1 Form QuickBase wants to know when to use each form.  Go into the Forms Usage section below the two forms and set all Roles to use the Form Called "Grid Edit" for Grid Edit.
  • Perfect!! Thankyou, I spent a few hours trying to find the answer but I had luck.
  • Mark can you have a report opened from the dashboard always available for grid edit notwithstanding the fact that I do not want people to use grid edit in the home table?  The background is that I would people to open a report listing project resources and using grid edit update records en masse.  
    KenKen
    Qrew Trainee
    Thanks, this thread was a great help to me too!