Forum Discussion

AnureshPuthukud
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

How do I perform auto refresh of a connected table in less than one hour frequency

Currently I run this script with a url button to refesh the table.But I need to set this script on a auto schedule to perform auto refresh.Problem is that I cannot run this script outside quickbase.

It throws an error - Invalid operation.I tried to send app token and user token but still this was not working.I should be able to run this script from an HTML page, any help appreciated.

"javascript:$.post('https://hazeldenes.quickbase.com/qb/sync/refreshTasks?replicationID=30857', function(){location.reload(true);}); void(0);"
& "javascript:$.post('https://hazeldenes.quickbase.com/qb/sync/refreshTasks?replicationID=27275', function(){location.reload(true);}); void(0);

3 Replies

AnureshPuthukud
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks for the response, Yes i had seen this post previously,That was my starting point.The script runs perfect within the purview of quickbase, but If I embed the same script in an html file(which is a separate file and not a part of quickbase) and run it says invalid operation.I want to run that script independently at regular intervals, so that there is no need for human intervention.
  • One reliable approach I'm aware of is to use php scripts and cron running on a Linux server. That really sucks to have to deal with so much overhead outside of QuickBase, but it works well and reliably.

I have spent a lot of time over the last month trying to get the new connected table hourly refresh mechanism working reliably, along with some related actions and webhooks. This would save a ton of time and complex scripting if I could get it to work reliably, but alas. There is one known bug with connected Gmail tables that QB development is going to fix within the next week (just heard this piece of information this morning), but the other issue/limitation I have is the arbitrary limit of a maximum of 10 per second for actions firing. When a connected Gmail table refreshes hourly, in our app's case there will be about 100 records that get instantly created. Actions tied to this just choke and give webhook errors (some of the time and somewhat randomly). So I am having to resort to scripting to overcome the Actions/Webhooks limitations, and hopefully when they fix the connected table bug with Gmail, at least I can get it to refresh hourly. Otherwise, about $3000 of additional scripting to reinvent the wheel on that plumbing. 

In my opinion, this is a big weak area right now in Quickbase, and my hope is that they will come up with a more robust native solution that doesn't require scripting and php servers.