Forum Discussion

LawrenceClink
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

How do I reset copies of applications as ""In Production""?

In The Admin Console I have applications that show as "In Production".
Some of the applications that show as In production are not (temporary work copies).
How do I reset these copies as not In Production?

8 Replies

• Apps with access by 3 or more users not counting super users are in considered to be Production and hence count against your app limit.

Apps with a lot of data are also considered to be in production. But I don�t know off hand what that data limit is.
  • Hi Lawrence,

Mark is correct an application is in product if it has 3 or more users or if the application is over 500 KB and over 90 days old. Essentially an app can be out of production if it holds data but isn't accessible by more then 2 users (for example as a historical archive)
  • These rules do not seem to be working in my case. I have five archives where we recently removed all users except 2. They all have around 2MB of data and are all over 90 days old. Only one is marked as not production. I'd like to set the remaining 4 to not production as well.

Any hints would be appreciated.

• Yes, it is not something that you "set".  Perhaps a better way to think about it is that you have X amount of apps that you have available to you in according to your plan level. 

They allow some leeway so that while an app is initially under development with just a bit of test data and only 2 users (typically the App developer and maybe 1 user who is testing), then it does not count against your app limits.  But once the app appears to have been deployed, then it counts.

You are right that while it is nice sometimes to be able to archive an app and hive off old data, that does count against your app limits.
  • Anything with over 500 KB of data would count against your in production numbers after the first 90 days is passed. The limit marks out any apps that aren't used by a large number of users early in their life cycle while you are planning or any older apps that are under size being kept as archived templates or as archived work spaces so long as their data is below 500 KB, larger apps still count towards being in production.