Forum Discussion

PaulPeterson1
Qrew Assistant Captain
3 years ago

How do I use Today() in a Pipeline Query line?

I have a pipeline that I need to run every morning and based on several conditions update a set of data.  One of the data points is the Effective Date.

I don't have the option to drag the value from a field and I need the condition to look at all records from the previous day (the pipeline is scheduled to run at 1:00 AM each morning).  The only options I see in the highlighted field is using the calendar and I don't have an option for "today".

------------------------------
Paul Peterson

9 Replies

• There might be a fancier way using Jinja, but a low tech solution is to create any date formula fields you need in native QuickBase in that same table and then you will have a field to compare to.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      QuickBaseJunkie
      Qrew Captain
      Paul, it looks like you found your solution.

Here's the Jinja info for anyone looking to take that approach.

Get the Jinja Date & Time Cheat Sheet mentioned in this video.

Quick Base Junkie
        BrittanyScheid
        Qrew Cadet
        I have been trying to use this for entering in today's date (EST) into date fields several times now in different pipelines, and I keep getting the below error. I made sure to copy and paste the formulas directly from the cheat sheet, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brittany Zane
      PaulPeterson1
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      There is no way to compare a field there, but now that you mention that idea, I could create a formula checkbox to see if the date is yesterday.  and now that I think of it, I can't set the date to the next day like I am currently because that would set change the dates from Friday to Saturday.  I'll need to change the dates to the next business day....sorry, just thinking out loud.  Thanks for stirring my thoughts in the right direction!

Paul Peterson
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I'm pretty sure you can drag a field into that box. But it sounds like you are back on track now.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com