Forum Discussion

PeterGacek
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

How to Add an Email/Save Button To a Form

I'm having a few issues that I'm trying to solve for a few different apps both around email buttons and sending form information.

First, I have a Job Site Inspection Form that I wanted to create a button for that would allow the form to be emailed to a user from a drop down. I know how to configure the email drop down, but wasn't sure how to create a button based off that drop down and not just create a notification off of the "Save & Close" button.

The second is for a CRM I'm working on and a quote request form within it.
I was wondering if there was a way to replace the Save & Close button on a form or if I can change it to "Save & Send". Basically I need a way for the user to save the form and also a way for the user to send the form to multiple users including themselves on CC when a checkbox is selected.

I've figured out the notification to send a copy of the form upon clicking the "Save & Close" button and know I can add additional stipulations like if a checkbox is selected but I'm having a hard time stringing it all together.

------------------------------
Peter Gacek

26 Replies

• Hey @Mark Shnier (YQC),

You had helped me with my issue last week getting tables to connect and said if I had some specific questions about making a particular URL formula then I could post back here. I didn't want to clog the other thread but I'm still struggling with creating a formula that emails the inspection form.

I've looked through magic buttons and a few other discussions here and found this was the closest to my issue: "https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=dfc64d97-84cf-41a4-bdcf-92cb43487a33&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer"

I downloaded Magic Buttons but don't see much specific to emailing a from but I could be misunderstanding. What I'm trying to achieve is a button on the same quote request form that will send the form to a specified user from a dropdown with the last modified on copy of the email. I'd like to do the same for a Job Site Inspection form app I created but I need to rebuild that app in the CRM as it currently doesn't have Record ID# to call from.

I'm trying to understand and figure out the formulas but so far what I've come up with based on the previous discussions I read:

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=GenEmailRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&dfid=32"
    & "&tolist=" & [Send quote to:] 

But it's showing up as a link and not a button and it doesn't like that my [Send quote to:] is a user field. I know I'm a bit far off here but any direction you could point me in would be greatly appreciated. 

Peter Gacek
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Are you trying to trigger an Email Notification or are you trying give the user a short cut to using the email button which is on a record and just trying to help them by populating the To Field.

If the latter, then the formula would be

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=GenEmailRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] 
      & "&tolist=" & UserToEmail[Send quote to:]) 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        PeterGacek
        Qrew Cadet
        I'm trying to give the user a short cut to using the email button on a form and want it to populate the To Field AND have the "Last Modified by", on copy for the email if it's possible.

I tried your formula and it gives the error "The field [Send quote to:] is not compatible with the parameter field type" and won't let me save due to a missing parenthesis. I put one in after the UserToEmail so the formula reads:

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=GenEmailRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#]
        & "&tolist=" & UserToEmail([Send quote to:])

which allows me to save the Field's properties but it's showing up as a hyperlink on my form when I save and load it.

Peter Gacek
    DwightMunson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain

I have a similar issue to this one, and am in need of assistance. 

QuickBase doesn't seem to have much, if any, documentation on GenEmailRecord. 

This is my formula, and it works: 
    URLRoot() & "db/bi9wyxbah" & "?a=GenEmailRecord&rid=" & [Related Schedule]
    & "&tolist='email addresses'"

However, I would also like to pre-populate the subject. I've tried:
    "&subject='value'"
    "&personalsubject='value'"
    "&emailsubj='value"
    "&emailquerysuj='value'"
    "&emailsubject='value'"

I tried to look at the page source for sending an email, with no dice. I poured through everything I can. 

Dwight Munson
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      @Dwight Munson  It's hard to prove a negative, but the only parameters I know to work is for the to box,  and &dfid to set the form ID.​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com