Forum Discussion

AnitaKeene
Qrew Member
10 years ago

How to Adjust Column Width in Dashboard Reports?

Cannot seem to find a way to change the WIDTH of columns in my dashboard report that lists open projects. Would like to resize them; tried dragging the borders (e.g. Excel), looking at column properties, field properties, report settings, "customize this page," Help, etc. I must just be missing it somewhere!

7 Replies

• On the internet reports will size according to the data and the size of the Users screen. Do you have the 60" monitor of all time, or do you still have that crappy 15" monitor. Are you on a tablet?

If you are trying to force a column width to be wider, one technique is to override the field name with a column heading name which has no breaks in it.

For example, go to the actual full report and right click the field name and change it to the name

My_Field_Name_Will_Be_At_Least_this_wide

and then save the report with that override column heading. QuickBase will not wrap a column heading except at a space or hyphen character ( and no doubt other special characters)
  • What I do is create a Formula - Text field, allow HTML in it and use something like this:

"<div style=\"width:300px;\" >" & [name of your field (report column)] & "</div>"

So basically you can tell the field how wide you want it by changing the width value of the HTML div tag.

After that just modify the report so you are showing your new Formula - Text field instead of the not modifiable normal text field.  :)
    MichaelGraham2
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I get a syntax error with your formula Alberto
    Expected a valid expression after the "&
    MichaelGraham2
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    <div style=\"width:300px;\">" &[FirstName]& "</div>"  worked better without spaces on the & :)
      GauravSharma3
      Qrew Commander
      Assuming, if you have not found the solution yet.

You have to create a formula-Richtext field and where you need to use this formula.

Thanks,
      Gaurav