Forum Discussion

DanielJohnson2
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

How to ask if GetFieldValues output contains values less than a particular value?

Hi All,

I've got a formula query like so:

GetFieldValues(GetRecords("{865.EX.'"&[Name Current User Email Text]&"'}","abcdefgh9"),649))

First, I couldn't figure out how to get the formula query to work with user fields, so I got it working with a text field. I think it has to do with the expression operator, i.e. "EX", but I couldn't get it to work with any others.

That query, if ToText is put in front, will produce results like this:

11-25-21 ; 12-06-21 ; 12-07-21 ; 12-08-21

FID 649 is just a date field. What I want to know is if any of those values are less than ToText(Today()). How do I do that?

Thanks,

------------------------------
Daniel Johnson

2 Replies

• I will give it a try but I do not claim to be a formula query expert! I struggle with the single quotes

Make a field called [Today] with a formula of Today()

Then try this as a formula numeric field 

var text Query = "{865.EX.'"&[Name Current User Email Text]&"'}  AND {649.LT.'" & [Today] & "'}";

Size(
    GetFieldValues(GetRecords($Query,"abcdefgh9"),649))

It should return the number of records with an additional filter of less than today.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanielJohnson2
      Qrew Trainee
      Hey Mark,

Thank you as always for the suggestion. I came to that same conclusion after staring at the formula for an hour+ yesterday. It's being used in a boolean variable, so here's what I've got:

ToBoolean(If(Size(GetRecords("{865.EX.'"&[Name Current User Email Text]&"'}AND{649.BF.'"&Today()&"'}AND{6.EX.'Assigned in Transcription'}","abcdefgh2"))>0, 1,0));

The documentation says to use the OAF, OBF, AF, BF operators for time/date fields, and that worked.

Daniel Johnson