Forum Discussion

MrunaliKadam
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

How to change column display

Hi,

I created new table to table relationship and one new column (last column) has been added with the link. How can I remove it ? How can I avoid it from getting added while creating relationship?

------------------------------
Mrunali Kadam

4 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    This is probably a combination of many things happening. First off when you create the relationship that field will be created automatically as well as an "Add Questions" field for adding a related question.

If you go to the relationship you have created the fields are listed and you are able to delete them if you wish. This will automatically remove them from any reports as well. If you just want them removed from that report then you need to edit that report and remove the column up top. If it is set to the default columns and that is part of them you need to edit that at the default report settings. (Go to your table settings > Reports & Charts > Default Report Settings in top right dropdown.)

What I assume is happening here if it was automatically added to your report is you have the table set to add new fields to the default report and this report is using the default columns. You can adjust that setting in the same place I described above.
      MrunaliKadam
      Qrew Trainee
      Great, it worked! Thank you Austin for all the details! Appreciate it!

Mrunali Kadam
  • Hi,
    When you create a relationship, Quick Base will add two fields to the parent table, a button to add a record to the child table linked to the record in the parent table and a link to the records in the child table that are linked to the parent record.

The field 'Questions' is the latter - it has been added to the parent table and is a link to records in the Questions table (the child table in the parent-child or one-to-many relationship). You can delete it if you want to - go to the relationship between the table and you'll see it on the left-hand side - but it's probably better just to remove it from reports where you don't want it to appear.

Jeremy Anson
      MrunaliKadam
      Qrew Trainee
      Sounds good!  Thank you so much Jeremy!

Mrunali Kadam