Forum Discussion

AJCampani
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

How to create a new record daily if date is within parameters

I have a Lease Terms table that has a child table called Months and the Months table has a child table called Days. The Months table  records (one per month) are added simultaneously when a user checks a box in the Lease Terms table after filling in the necessary data.

I have fields that determine the number of days in each month in the Months table. What I need to do is add a Day record every day (daily, not simultaneously) for leases that are currently in effect so that I can snapshot the base rent amount, leasable area, etc. on the specific date because these numbers change throughout the lease (for instance, if new mall tenants come aboard mid-month then the shared expenses (CAM) are divided among the new number of tenants starting on the day the new tenants take possession, so that CAM charges may be calculated at one rate from the beginning of the year, but a different rate as new tenants are added).

However, scheduling an automation won't work because there are no options to filter or create Day records for only leases that are actually in effect, and an automation that relies upon changing data won't work because no user is changing data - just the date (Today()) changes in formulas.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I've spent the better part of the day trying to figure it out and I've hit a wall. Any help would be very much appreciated :-) 

Thanks,

AJ

------------------------------
Albert Campani
Partner
Richards, Higdon, Huguet & Campani, APLC
Covington LA

2 Replies

• re: However, scheduling an automation won't work because there are no options to filter or create Day records for only leases that are actually in effect,

The Lease record should be able to know if a new Month Record is due to be added based on the based on Today()  being the first of the month and the Lease record being Active.  So you van have a scheduled Automation to copy the Active Lease records into the months table, thus creating a new month for each active lease on the 1st of the month.  That scheduled Automation could run each month.

Similarly, the lease should be able to know if a new day record is due to be added today (based on the lease being Active) ,   and you can have a daily Automation copy Active Records into the days table to create a new day records for each active Lease.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AJCampani
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Mark! I was trying to add records so it would only allow the daily schedule as a trigger, but coping from the months to days table works perfectly.

Albert Campani
      Partner
      Richards, Higdon, Huguet & Campani, APLC
      Covington LA