Forum Discussion

Shelly_AnnAiken
Qrew Member
3 years ago

How To Create Groups of User

Hi. I need to create different user groups such as Supplier, R&D, Regulatory, etc so that when i add a user field to the form, its not just a drop down of all 100s of users in the app. Can anyone guide me where to start?

------------------------------
Shelly Ann Aiken

3 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    One option is to have the user field be based on a record picker report on the form itself. Then just filter that report the way you want. You may need additional fields on the Employee table like Group or similar to do the filtering.
      Shelly_AnnAiken
      Qrew Member
      can you advise on how to do that? So for example one of my user fields has the type (List - User) because there can be more than one contact for a supplier. I want only those in Supplier roles to be listed as options in the drop down. I do not see anything for picker in the field properties to do this.

Shelly Ann Aiken
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        When choices for a drop-down field come off a relationship you can create a report (for example where  [group] includes "Regulatory").

Then you can edit the FORM properties and set the form to use that particular report for the drop-down list.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com