Forum Discussion

AlexandriaLewis
Qrew Member
4 years ago

How to embed chart into a form for the same table?

I made a gauge chart displaying the number of completed tasks​ from a child table. However I am unable to put the chart from the parent table into its own form. Only the "Tasks" element offers reports to embed.

Is is possible to embed reports from the same table in its own form?

------------------------------
Alexandria Lewis

2 Replies

• The simple answer is Yes, but. The question becomes then if you have the data on your record necessary to have the embedded report show the correct data. The 'but' is that you have to have a Report Link field that is setup to show the Parent records.

Example: You have a Projects (child) table and a Customers (parent) table. On your Customers form, you want the user to be able to see any Projects that are in an Active status, not just that particular Customer's Projects. To do something like this, I would follow these steps:

1. Create a Formula Text field called 'Projects Report Status' and set the formula to simply be the status you want to display "Active"
    2. Create a Report Link field called 'Active Projects'
      1. Set the 'Match the values in this field in this table' selection to our new 'Projects Report Status' field
      2. Set the Target ('to the values in this field') to the 'Status' field in the Projects table
    3. Add the Report Link field to your form and setup your embedded report as normal

In your case, you just need to figure out what field would be the appropriate field to use as the appropriate Target when setting up the Report Link field.

Blake Harrison - DataBlender.io
    Quick Base Solution Provider
      AlexandriaLewis
      Qrew Member
      Thank you that worked!!

Alexandria Lewis