Forum Discussion

FloydMPage
Qrew Member
17 days ago

How to Fix QuickBooks Error 185 (Bank Connection & Verification Issues)?

I'm experiencing QuickBooks Error 185 whenever I try to update my bank feeds. It seems to be related to bank connection and verification issues. Despite entering my bank login credentials correctly, the error persists. I've tried refreshing the connection and ensuring my login details are accurate, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, could you share any effective troubleshooting steps or solutions?

1 Reply

• QuickBooks Error 185 typically occurs when there are bank connection or verification issues during the process of updating bank accounts within QuickBooks. To fix this error, follow these steps:

1. Verify Login Credentials: Ensure your bank login credentials are correct. Log in directly to your bank's website to confirm.
    2. Complete Required Actions: Some banks require additional verification steps. Follow any prompts or security questions that appear in QuickBooks.
    3. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you have the latest QuickBooks updates installed. Go to the "Help" menu and select "Update QuickBooks Desktop."
    4. Clear Browser Cache: If using QuickBooks Online, clear your browser cache and cookies to resolve any connectivity issues.
    5. Check Security Settings: Ensure your firewall or antivirus software is not blocking QuickBooks. Add QuickBooks as an exception in your security software.

If the issue persists, contact your bank or QuickBooks support for further assistance.