Forum Discussion

JosephRysavy
Qrew Member
3 years ago
Solved

Verification that all boxes on a multi-select list are checked

Hello, 
I have a multi-select list that has 5 items on it.  All 5 items need to be checked off for quality purposes.  I created a separate formula field to check this condition, but I can't figure out the logic to get the correct result.

My multi-select field is called "[The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:]".

Here is the Boolean code that I put into the separate formula field.  Regardless of what is checked off, the result is always the false choice, "SOW is not complete":

If(
ToText([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:]) = ToText("Anticipated LOE by Contract Labor Cat (Qty & Hrs) by JID") and
ToText([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:]) = ToText("Place of Performance") and
ToText([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:]) = ToText("PoP and Planning Start Date (if before the POP start date)") and
ToText([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:]) = ToText("Detailed Work Scope") and
ToText([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:]) = ToText("Non-Labor Authorized - travel, materials, ODCs)"),

"Good",
"SOW is not complete")

Thank you for any help.

------------------------------
Joe Rysavy,
QB user for 1 month
  • @Joseph Rysavy There may be an easier way to approach this.

There is a new function called Size() that largely is used with Query Formulas but also works with multi-select fields.

If(Size([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:])=5,"Good","SOW is not complete")

I share a bit about this in the "Oh So Fantastic Formula Query Functions" video here: https://youtu.be/OsfngR4DGWg?t=324

If you want to stick with you original approach, use this variation with the "Contains" function:

If(Contains([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:],"Anticipated LOE by Contract Labor Cat (Qty & Hrs) by JID") and ... <add remaining conditions>

Let me know if this was helpful ๐Ÿ‘

-Sharon
    โ€‹

Quick Base Junkie

1 Reply

• @Joseph Rysavy There may be an easier way to approach this.

There is a new function called Size() that largely is used with Query Formulas but also works with multi-select fields.

If(Size([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:])=5,"Good","SOW is not complete")

I share a bit about this in the "Oh So Fantastic Formula Query Functions" video here: https://youtu.be/OsfngR4DGWg?t=324

If you want to stick with you original approach, use this variation with the "Contains" function:

If(Contains([The SOW was reviewed and SOW has the following items:],"Anticipated LOE by Contract Labor Cat (Qty & Hrs) by JID") and ... <add remaining conditions>

Let me know if this was helpful ๐Ÿ‘

-Sharon
    โ€‹

Quick Base Junkie