Forum Discussion

BuildPro
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

How to highlight a row on report when specific field changes

I need to see when a field [Projected Start Date] has been modified.  I would like for the row(s) on my report to be highlighted when the field has changed.  Is this possible.

------------------------------
BuildPro

3 Replies

• You would need to set up a child table to your record and have an automation or pipeline fire when this field has been changed to record the history. Then you would have to use a Summary field to calculate  when that field was changed and base your row coloring on that.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BuildPro
      Qrew Captain
      Would you set this up for me?  I will send you an email.

BuildPro
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Mark is correct about the Child Table.   There are two other options to architect the data.

1) Do a reverse relationship based on the Maximum Record ID from the Child Table.   This has been the standard QB method for many years.

2) The new Formula Query logic would probably work directly in the report.   It is a bit more complicated but I really like doing this as it keeps the rest of the DB cleaner.   There are no extra fields that can confuse Users.   Pipelines are great.   Super powerful.  But it is really hard to track down issues with them after the fact.  I forget about them and there is now way inside of an application to search that a Pipeline is working against your application.

Don Larson