Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
9 months ago

How to mask % totals on summary line of report

This may be a very elementary question, but hoping the community can help.

I have reports that need to have $ fields summarized but do not want to summarize % fields.  How do I summarize some but not all numeric fields?

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

7 Replies

KatlynAllen
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Enter the field settings for your numeric field and make sure both "Display a total of this field in reports" and "Display and average of this fields in reports" are unchecked. 
    If you need it in some reports but not others, I think your best option is to create a formula text field or a report formula (if the type of report allows) and display it as opposed to your numeric field. ToText([numeric field]) would be the appropriate formula. 

Katlyn Allen
    kallen@eatatjacks.com

AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet

Yes, understand I can check or uncheck show ALL totals.   My use case is the need to show totals for $ fields and not for % fields.   Setting up numerous formula fields to display % complete as a text so that the % completes do not total would work but seems pretty awkward.   Curious if there is a native way for the table reports to behave more intelligently.   If you have 5 projects that are each 50% complete, showing the total of 250% is not useful information.

Annetta Coleman
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Just go to the Field Setting for the [% Complete] field  and set it not to Show Totals.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Do you mean table reports?  if so, its a field property to set if you want Totals or Averages to show.  All numeric fields including percent fields default to showing totals and not averages.

mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet

Yes, Table reports.   I need the $ values to total, and certainly do not intend for %complete values to total.   The table report gives option to either show (all) totals or not.   Is there a field setting also?

Annetta Coleman
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Yes, it's a field setting as to whether it makes sense for the field to have Totals and/or Averages on Table Reports.

mark.shnier@gmail.com