Forum Discussion

cavenuecavenue
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

How to record email as an activity?

How would I send an email to a contact and then have it automatically record as an ACTIVITY in a table?

9 Replies

• Do you mean by triggering an email Notification?  Is that what you mean by send an email?
      cavenuecavenue
      Qrew Trainee
      I want to send a contact record an email from me. Lets say the contact is a customer and I want to send them a sales proposal.
      I want to go to their record.
      Click email them.
      And have quickbase send them my sales proposal.
      then go to quickbase and see that the activity has been marked as SENT EMAIL.
      Is there a way to do this?
      thanks
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Is Activity a child record to the main record, or is it just a field on the form?

If it is just a field on the form, then I suggest you set up and notification of type open and trigger the email notification to your client when the activity field is changed to sent email.

Once you get that working then you can post back and if you feel you want to increase the automation by having a button to click to change that activity status to send email, then I can help you with that.
      cavenuecavenue
      Qrew Trainee
      I'm still learning how to use this software. The activity is in a different table. So my questions is can I just click on their email. Send them an email with my sales proposals and then have this information tracked in QB as SENT EMAIL? So that I can follow up at a later time? thanks