Forum Discussion

Ramya_KrishnaKa
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

How to reduce spaces in between paragraphs in an exact form

6 Replies

• You'll want to look at the default paragraph spacing in your original Word document. Most likely, something there is off.
  • Hello Blake,

It is not the word document spacing it is the rich text field which is creating extra spaces.A gentleman in the forum had the same trouble as mine
  • I'd have to see the formula behind your field to better understand.
      Ramya_KrishnaKa
      Qrew Trainee
      Hello Blake this is a quickbase(native) exact form.

It is a eaxt form of quickbase.
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    The general consensus I've seen is that if this is something that is important to your business then you are wasting your time trying to use the native solution. People usually suggest paying for exact forms plus, but I know that isn't what most people expect. Maybe QuickBase will fix it at some point but you can go back years and years on this forum and see users with the exact same issues you will encounter with exact forms. 

Do you possibly have extra spaces in your exact form because of unused fields? I believe if you have a field without data showing it still takes up a line no matter what. Also from the other thread, doing Shift + Enter changes nothing?
      ArchiveUser
      Qrew Captain
      I agree. Native Exact Forms are useful only for the most basic of forms OR if you have a VERY strong grasp of Quick Base formulas and HTML. Even then, the native forms can only do so much. This particular feature was built quite a long time ago and has had very little attention paid to it by the product team since then.